By Brian Faulkner On
2013 Runner-up Winning Recipe – Chorizo & Kale Stuffed Warba Cups
2013 Warba-licious Recipe Contest Runner Up
Name: Lisa Bolton
Recipe Name: Chorizo & Kale Stuffed Warba Cups
- 12 Warba Potato Nuggets (all about the same size)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 Chorizo Sausages
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 white onion, diced fine
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups loosely packed kale, finely chopped
- 1 scallion (garnish, chopped)
- Sour cream (optional, for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly wash potatoes. Do not peel or scrub too much.
- To ensure all of the potatoes stand up, trim a small amount off the bottom (a thin thin sliver). Then take a small amount off the top creating a surface large enough for a small knife/spoon/melon baller to get in to remove the potato flesh.
- Scoop out the flesh from the inside (I used a melon baller and paring knife) and set aside. Go as deep as you want to have room for filling. I took some right to the skins and they held up excellent. Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet and rub the outsides with olive oil. Sprinkle with some salt and set aside.
- In a medium frying pan, heat the butter. Add finely chopped chorizo sausages, bacon, onion and garlic. Roughly chop all the leftover potato and add to pan. Cook over medium heat until chorizo is cooked fully and onions are translucent.
- Add the chopped kale and stir to combine over medium heat for about 3 minutes, until kale is wilted.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop the hash into the potato cups as full as you can.
- Place the potatoes on the baking sheet, into the oven and cook 20 minutes until potato “cups” are done.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with chopped scallion and serve with sour cream for dipping.
- Visit Lisa on her blog at sixtyone45.com