Zucchini Zoodles with Cherry Tomatoes & Garlic
When the harvest peaks, this is one of the easiest ways to serve BCfresh zucchini and has all the flavours of late summer with the cherry tomatoes and garlic. Bulk up the dish by adding a pasta like spaghetti or linguini. It’s a vegetable-forward dinner that’s on the table in mere minutes!
- 3 large BCfresh zucchinis spiralized
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- fresh basil to garnish
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino plus more to garnish
- Place spiralized zucchini in a large colander and salt generously. Toss the zucchini noodles so they are evenly coated with salt, set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, and add oil and cherry tomatoes. Sauté for 4-5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and reduce heat to low. Add thyme, salt, pepper, and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until the tomatoes are softened and the garlic is cooked through.
- Add ¼ cup water to the pan and grated pecorino and turn the heat to a simmer. Stir until all cheese is melted and sauce has turned to a rose colour. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Squeeze any remaining water from the zucchini noodles and add zoodles directly into the sauce. The heat from the sauce will warm the zucchini. Serve immediately. Top with additional pecorino and basil.
NOTE: Feel free to add a pasta, like spaghetti or linguine. Sub the ¼ cup water with pasta water for a rich, glossy sauce.