By Brian Faulkner On
Three Onion Casserole
This casserole is pure goodness – the secret is the Boursin cheese. Make it a staple for Thanksgiving dinner.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 BCfresh red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 BCfresh yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 4 leeks, well rinsed, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ cups Havarti cheese
- 2 pkgs Boursin cheese
- 1 ½ cups Gruyere cheese
- ½ cup dry white wine
- In a baking dish buttered with 1 tbsp butter, make layers using a third of each of onions and leek. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Top with Havarti. Then, add another layer of onions and top with Boursin and then a final layer and top with Gruyere. Pour wine over and dot with butter. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.