Sumac-Roasted Carrot Dip
This twist on hummus combines roasted carrots with sumac, honey, garlic, and tahini with crave-worthy results.
- 2 lbs Medium carrots (8 to 12 carrots)
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 tbsps Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsps Tahini paste
- 2 tbsps Water plus more if needed
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 4 tsps Sumac plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tsp Salt
- Crushed pistachios or almonds
- Crumbled feta
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Cut ends off carrots and peel, cut larger carrots in half lengthwise to ensure even cooking.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet, and drizzle liberally with olive oil and tablespoon of honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste, tossing to coat completely.
- Roast in the oven for about 45 minutes or until fork-tender and caramelized. Check them halfway through.
- Remove carrots from oven and cool slightly.
- Add to a blender and puree for 4–5 minutes starting on a low speed and slowly progressing to high, adding in the rest of the ingredients until a smooth paste forms. Add more water if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with olive oil, a sprinkle of sumac, nuts, and feta.
- Serve with crudités or your favourite crunchy chip.