This quick, fresh and very simple recipe looks and tastes great!
A great everyday dish that can also be a fresh an exciting part of a special dinner.
Sauteed Green Beans and Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 lb 454 g trimmed green beans
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil will be used in 2 places
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add green beans and cook, stirring often. Beans should be start to brown in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add water, cover and reduce heat to medium; stir occasionally for 3-5 minutes.
- Move the beans to one side of the pan; add the garlic and remaining teaspoon of oil; cook until garlic is fragrant (about 30 seconds)
- Add tomatoes, stir together with beans and cook until the tomatoes begin to burst, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vinegar; season to taste with salt and pepper