Potato Zucchini Bake
- 2 lb 1 kg BCfresh Yellow Potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 2 zucchini chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1/2 cup 125 mL chicken broth
- 1/4 cup 60 mL prepared pesto sauce
- 3 tbsp 45 mL olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp 15 mL finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp 2 mL each salt, pepper and paprika
- 1/2 cup 125 mL shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp 30 mL grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp 30 mL dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp 30 mL finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Toss together potatoes, zucchini, red pepper, onion, garlic, broth, pesto, 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil, thyme, salt, pepper and paprika. Transfer to 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish. Cover with foil; bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Toss together mozzarella, Parmesan, bread crumbs, parsley and remaining oil; sprinkle over top of casserole. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Substitute fontina, provolone or aged Cheddar for mozzarella cheese if desired.