By Brian Faulkner On
Parsnip Carrot Puff
Light and fluffy, and perfect with roast beef or lamb.
- 1 ½ cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup BCfresh parsnips, peeled and diced
- ½ cup BCfresh turnips, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup grated medium cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- In a medium saucepan, cover carrots, parsnips, and turnips with cold water, add 1 tbsp salt, bring to boil and simmer for about 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and purée in food processor to a smooth paste. Add sour cream, milk, eggs, and remaining 1 tsp salt and pepper, and pulse. Consistency should be like a loose batter.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and line with breadcrumbs. Spoon in purée and bake at 375°F for 30 minutes until puffed and golden.