We are always looking for new ways to prepare some of the more ‘traditional’ BCfresh products. Special thanks to our friend Deb for introducing us to this great recipe.
A little bit of oil helps create crispy fries and help make this a healthy addition to your family’s dinner plate!
Rutabagas are a storage root veggie that’s are closely related to turnips although they tend to be a little bit sweeter. We may call them Rutabagas in Canada and the US but in most other English-speaking areas they’re known as “swedes”.
Rutabagas are an excellent source of vitamin C, a very good source of fiber, and a good source of potassium, manganese, and thiamin.
Oven Baked Ruta-Fries
- 1 BCfresh Rutabaga peeled and cut into 1cm fries
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl until rutabaga fries are evenly coated. Salt and pepper to taste
- Spread rutabaga fries in a single layer on a baking sheet with space between the fries.
- Bake until fries are cooked through with a crispy exterior, about 30 mintues