By Brian Faulkner On
Excellent addition to most meat dishes. Exceptional with burgers or in grilled cheese sandwiches. Or try with crackers and cheese.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lbs BCfresh yellow onions, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tsp fresh, chopped oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- dash vinegar or lemon juice
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Add onions and oregano, stir, then cover. Cook about 5 minutes, turn heat to low and add a tsp of salt. Cook covered about 20-25 minutes, add wine, toss and cover. Stir every 20 minutes. After an hour, or when onions sizzle, stir often, until browned. Add a dash of vinegar or lemon juice and season to taste. Serve with cheese.