No-Bake Rhubarb Mascarpone Tart
I love a no-bake recipe as it makes life just that little bit easier in the kitchen. The crust takes a departure from baking it to simply chilling it. Give this a go – BCfresh rhubarb, luscious mascarpone cheese, and comes together in no time at all.
- 150 g ginger cookies
- 125 g unsalted butter melted
Rhubarb Compote Ingredients
- 4 cups BCfresh rhubarb strung and chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 350 g mascarpone cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- Toasted pecans chopped
- Caramel sauce
- Place the cookies in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until they are finely ground. Transfer to a bowl, pour in the melted butter and mix to incorporate. Then, press the mixture evenly into an 8-inch round of 10-inch rectangular removable-bottom tart pan and chill for 1 hour.
- Place the rhubarb, orange juice, and sugar in a stainless-steel pot and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the sugar dissolves and the rhubarb breaks down but is not mush. Taste for sweetness, as rhubarb can be very sour. Allow to cool.
- While the crust is chilling, whip together the cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Spread evenly over the tart shell. Once the compote is cool, spread on top of the cheese. If it is quite liquid, just take the rhubarb and leave the liquid behind.
- Top with toasted chopped pecans and a drizzle of caramel sauce.