By Brian Faulkner On
Simple Roasted Cabbage
Recipes don’t come much simpler than this! A healthy side dish with a flavorful crunch.
- 1 BCfresh Green Cabbage, medium - cut into 1-inch-thick 'steaks'
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 °F
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Place cabbage steaks in a single layer on sheet and brush with 2 tablespoons oil. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper
- Roast until cabbage is tender and edges are golden, 40 to 45 minutes
- Adding Flavour
- Add your favourite fresh herbs when seasoning with salt and pepper. Sprinkle about 1 tsp over before cooking and an extra 1 tsp just before serving for an added burst of flavour!
- Prep Tip
- Finding it difficult to cut the cabbage into 'steaks'? This recipe also works great for cabbage wedges; just flip the wedges half way through the cook time