Gruyère Cheese Stacked Potatoes
Take BCfresh red potatoes to new heights! The intense, nutty flavour of Gruyère cheese makes almost everything taste better, especially potatoes. This dish is so easy you can almost do it blindfolded! I always use a silicone muffin pan to make the clean-up a breeze.
- 1 lb small BCfresh red potatoes
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 oz Gruyère grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan grated
- 1/3 cup parsley finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F and prepare large, six-cup muffin pan – If your muffin pan is not silicone, butter it well.
- Finely slice the potatoes using the slicing blade on a handheld mandolin or of a food processor.
- Stir the pepper and nutmeg into the cream. Place a few potato slices along with 2 tsp of the cream in each cup, followed by a thin layer of Gruyère. Continue layering until each is filled ¼ inch from the top.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the tops with Parmesan and bake in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let the potatoes sit for 10 minutes to set, and then remove from pan and garnish with the chopped parsley. Heavenly indulgence!
What temperature are we baking these at?
Hi Denise, sorry we missed that! The oven should be preheated to 400°F. The recipe posting has been corrected and we’ve also added prep/cooking time information.
What temperature do you cook this at?
The Stacked Potatoes are baked at 400F as mentioned in step one of the directions.
Please let us know how yours turn out!