Grilled Garlic Scapes
- 30 Garlic scapes, washed and trimmed
- 1 tbsp Olive oil 15 ml
- Fresh ground pepper
- Juice from 1/2 lemon, seeds removed
- Pre-heat barbecue to medium-high.
- Wash garlic scapes and trim both ends.
- Place in a bowl, add olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Toss to coat.
- Place scapes directly on the barbecue grate, watch out for possible flares. Grill scapes turning occasionally until they wilt and char slightly.
- Remove cooked scapes from barbecue and transfer to a serving platter.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.