Gold Beet And Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1 large BCfresh gold beet – shredded
- 12-15 Brussels sprouts – thinly sliced
- ½ fennel bulb – thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh Italian flat leaf parsly or cilantro – coarsely chopped
- ½ cup almond slivers
- 2 tbsp lemon juice about 1 large lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds coarsely crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In the bottom of a large bowl, combine lemon juice, olive oil, crushed mustard seed, whisk until blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sliced/shredded veggies and cilantro, toss to coat
- Garnish with almond slivers and sprigs of cilantro
Looking for an easy way to to crush the mustard seeds? Place them on a cutting board and coarsely crush them using a small glass mixing bowl or the bottom of a sturdy drinking glass. But please be careful!