Garlic Scape Pesto
- 2 cups garlic scapes, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces 240 g
- 1/4 cup toasted seeds or nuts – see note 40 g
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Olive oil 125 ml
- In a food processor, finely chop the garlic scapes. Add the toasted seeds and salt, pulse to combine. Scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the oil and purée until smooth.
- Scoop into a bowl and coat the surface wiht a thin layer of olive oil to prevent oxidization.
- The pesto will keep for 3 weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Makes 1 ½ Cup (375 ML) Pesto is an easy way to enjoy garlic scapes are year long because it freezes very well in small jars or ice cube trays. For the toasted seeds or nuts: use sunflower or pumpkin seeds, pine nuts or almonds.