By Brian Faulkner On
Pan-seared chicken or roast pork loin and curried parsnips take the chill away on a wintry day.
- 2 lb BCfresh parsnips, peeled, thinly sliced and steamed until not quite tender
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- In large pan over medium heat, sauté leek, ginger, garlic and mirin in oil until leeks are tender. Add curry powder and parsnips and sauté until parsnips begin to brown. Deglaze pan with a little water. Season to taste with salt. Serve.