By Brian Faulkner On
Butternut Squash Casserole
A warm, seasonal dish perfect for a fall dinner. Pairs well with roast chicken or meatloaf.
- 1 BCfresh butternut squash, peeled, halved, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 BCfresh red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup apple cider or juice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine squash and onion in baking dish. In small bowl, whisk together apple cider, oil and syrup. Pour over squash, top with almonds, cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes until tender.