Serve this light and refreshing carrot salad with roasted chicken, pork or fish.
BCfresh Warm Carrot Salad
- 8 BCfresh Carrots thickly sliced diagonally (about ½ inch/1 cm thick)
- 1/3 cup 75 mL extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup 60 mL lemon juice
- 2 tsp 10 mL honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp 2 mL ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp 2 mL each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup 75 mL chopped fresh parsley
- In pot of boiling salted water, cook carrots for 6 to 8 minutes or until just tender; drain well.
- Meanwhile, whisk together oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper until blended; toss with warm carrots. Stir in parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.