Cooking scalloped potatoes in a slow cooker makes them creamy and tender every time. Although any firm potato will work, we prefer BCfresh Pacific Pearl™ White Potatoes.
BCfresh Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes
- 3 lb 1.5 kg BCfresh White Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1/8 inch/5 mm thick)
- 1 1/4 cups 300 mL 35% whipping cream
- 1/4 cup 60 mL milk
- 2 tbsp 30 mL all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp 7 mL salt
- 1/2 tsp 2 mL pepper
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup 250 mL shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup 125 mL grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp 30 mL finely chopped fresh parsley
- Lightly oil insert of 6-quart slow cooker. Whisk together cream, milk, flour, salt and pepper. Layer 1/4 each of the potatoes, onion, Gruyère, Parmesan and cream mixture in slow cooker; repeat three more times, ending with cream mixture.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours on High or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.