You can serve these rosti potatoes as an appetizer but they can also be added to a brunch or dinner menu if desired.
Try with a yellow fleshed potato like Yukon Gold.
BCfresh Potato Rösti with Smoked Salmon
- 2 1/2 lb 1.1 kg BCfresh Yellow Potatoes, skin on, scrubbed
- 1/2 tsp 2 mL salt
- 1/4 tsp 1 mL pepper
- 1/2 cup 125 mL vegetable oil
- 8 oz 250 g sliced smoked salmon (about 16 small slices)
- 1/3 cup 75 mL sour cream
- 1/2 cup 125 mL arugula
- In large saucepan, place potatoes with enough water to cover; season generously with salt. Bring to boil; cook for 12 to 15 minutes or just until fork-tender. Drain well; let cool completely. Peel potatoes; shred, using a box grater. Season with salt and pepper.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat one-quarter of the oil over medium heat; add 1/3 cup (75 mL) portions of potatoes to skillet, pressing down gently with spatula to flatten. Cook for 4 or 5 minutes per side or until golden brown, tender and heated through. Repeat with remaining potato mixture, adding more oil to skillet as needed.
- Serve with slice of smoked salmon, dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of arugula.