Balsamic Roasted Kabocha Squash and Beets
Kabocha squash is one of those seasonal treats that’s only available for a short time each year. Roasting brings out the inherent natural sugars of the BCfresh squash and beets and gives it star status.
- 2 lb BCfresh Kabocha squash peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb BCfresh beets peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb BCfresh carrots peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp fleur de sel for roasting
- Freshly ground pepper for roasting
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- Crumbled chevre or feta
- Fleur de sel
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place the cubed squash, beets, and carrots in a large bowl. Pour the oil and balsamic overtop, add the 2 tsp fleur de sel and ground pepper, and toss well to coat.
- Transfer to a large, rimmed baking sheet. Spread out into a single layer and bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes until golden brown and tender.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle over a bit more olive oil and balsamic. Sprinkle the fresh thyme overtop, and garnish with the crumbled chevre. Season with salt and pepper to taste.