By Brian Faulkner On
Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Brussels Sprouts have come a long way from the boiled, overcooked blobs served at holiday meals. This recipe highlights the sprouts natural sweetness with the accent of bacony goodness.
- 4 strips bacon, chopped into 0.5cm chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound BCfresh Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place chopped bacon in a large skillet and place over medium-high heat - cook until crispy
- Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and remove fat from pan, leaving about 1 tablespoon
- In same pan with bacon fat, melt butter over high heat
- Add onions and Brussels Sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper and toss bacon back into pan
- Serve immediately.
- We prefer thick cut bacon
- Start with a cold skillet for evenly crispy bacon