By Brian Faulkner On
BCfresh Potato Rosti with Smoked Salmon [VIDEO]
You can serve these rosti potatoes as an appetizer but they can also be added to a brunch or dinner menu if desired.
Try with a yellow fleshed potato like Yukon Gold.
BCfresh Potato Rösti with Smoked Salmon
You can serve these rösti potatoes as an appetizer but they can also be added to a brunch or dinner menu if desired.
Write a review
- 2 1/2 lb (1.1 kg) BCfresh Yellow Potatoes, skin on, scrubbed
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 8 oz (250 g) sliced smoked salmon (about 16 small slices)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) arugula
- In large saucepan, place potatoes with enough water to cover; season generously with salt. Bring to boil; cook for 12 to 15 minutes or just until fork-tender. Drain well; let cool completely. Peel potatoes; shred, using a box grater. Season with salt and pepper.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat one-quarter of the oil over medium heat; add 1/3 cup (75 mL) portions of potatoes to skillet, pressing down gently with spatula to flatten. Cook for 4 or 5 minutes per side or until golden brown, tender and heated through. Repeat with remaining potato mixture, adding more oil to skillet as needed.
- Serve with slice of smoked salmon, dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of arugula.
- Rösti can be made ahead and reheated in 350°F (180°C) oven until warmed through.
BCfresh Vegetables http://bcfresh.ca/